[Mailman-Users] Admin commands via email

malgosia askanas (staff) askanas at panix.com
Tue Jul 6 23:27:31 CEST 2004

Brad Knowles wrote:

>>  Hope that helps to explain why an administrative email interface can
>>  be useful.

> There's no question that an e-mail interface can be useful.  The
> value of this was recognized a long time ago.  Mailman does already
> include an e-mail interface.

I am sorry if I am being really dense; but what _is_ the administrative email
interface to Mailman?  For example, how _can_ a list administrator unsub
a bunch of listmembers via email?  I cannot for the world of me find any
documentation on this.

I am in the process of deciding whether to move a fairly large list-hosting
operation from majordomo to Mailman.  Although most of our listowners use
exclusively MajorCool, there are a few -- some with very large lists -- who
do all their subscription and unsubscription operations via email.  I want to
be able to tell them how they can do this in Mailman, but I haven't been able
to find out.  Yet I see these hope-arousing little hints, such as Brad's above,
that it can be done...

-malgosia