[Mailman-Users] Changing the Digest format

Brad Knowles brad.knowles at skynet.be
Fri Jul 9 22:37:20 CEST 2004

At 9:46 AM +0200 2004-07-07, <MAISH.SAIDELK at MOH.HEALTH.GOV.IL> wrote:

>  I was wondering is it possible to change the way the digest is sent out?
>
>  At the moment some users are receiving the digest ad a mail message
>  that has all the previous posts from the digest as seprate attachments
>  and mail messages.

	That sounds like MIME format.

>  Is there a way to change the digest to a single mail without attachments
>  and the messages appear as one text mail?

	Mailman supports two different digest formats -- MIME and plain
text.  For those users who are having problems, have them change
their preferred digest format to be whatever it is that they are not
currently using.

>  Is it possible to change the subject that is in the digest that it
>  could appear as something else besides
>  "xxxxxxx Digest, Vol 3, Issue 8 "

	Sure.  You could change the Python code which generates the digests.

     Assembly to the Governor, November 11, 1755