[Mailman-Users] Customizing Listinfo page

Brendan Chard chardlist at chard.net
Tue Jul 20 22:38:24 CEST 2004

Using Mailman 2.1.4 on FreeBSD

I am attempting to edit the listinfo.html template file so that the edit
subscriber options form appears before the subscription form as this is more
practical for supporting my user base.

I have successfully switched the two forms on the listinfo page and made
minor edits to make it more user friendly but have encountered one problem.
If a user enters an address that is not subscribed to the list and then
presses the "Unsubscribe or Edit Options" button (which I have renamed to
"Edit My Options") a bug traceback screen results.  In the original unedited
listinfo page if the address is not subscribed mailman is able to tell the
user this without producing a bug traceback.

A modified listinfo page for one of the lists is available for viewing here:

Attached is my modified listinfo.html template file and the traceback
report.

Any help in pointing out how I might have incorrectly modified the
listinfo.html file to cause this error is greatly appreciated.

-Brendan