[Mailman-Users] groupname and mail-gid

Andy Rowan rowan at crssa.rutgers.edu
Thu Jun 3 03:44:38 CEST 2004

More on this...

When mailman is launched from procmail, the gid of the process is
apparently assigned to the mailman user's primary group (from the passwd
file).  I recompiled mailman with groupname AND mail-gid both set to
"mail", but still got the error ... until I edited passwd to change the
user's primary group, and now it works.

Does anyone see any problems with this?  Basically, everywhere that I can
change what the group is, I've changed it to "mail."

-Andy