[Mailman-Users] one dead list (all others fine)

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at jabber.org
Thu Jun 10 01:30:23 CEST 2004

Last week, one of the mailing lists for which I'm an admin stopped
sending out messages (I was gone, so I didn't notice until today). All
the other lists on this same server are functioning properly. The list
(jadmin at jabber.org) has fairly high volume but so do other lists on the 
server. We are running Mailman 2.1.3 (upgraded in February, no troubles 
since then, well, other than some posts not being archived -- we'll 
leave that for another message) on Debian testing with Postfix. The 
perms for this list seem fine (same as other lists on the machine). I 
have enabled emergency moderation and posts to the list are now held in 
the admin queue, but if I approve a message it does not get distributed 
to the list. Neither is mail to jadmin-admin at jabber.org delivered to the 
list admins. The last timestamp on the mbox file for this list is
2004-06-02T17:17 (no mail sent since then). 

I'm puzzled. Any suggestions would be most appreciated.

BTW, before sending this mail I did the following:

0. Ran the check_perms script.
1. Verified that cron is running.
2. Checked aliases and ran newaliases.
3. Verified that postfix doesn't use smrsh.
4. Checked interface (other lists working fine).
5. Checked that qrunner is working fine.
6. Checked for locks (none on the offending list).
7. Checked logs but don't see any egregious errors.
8. Cleared out the qfiles.
9. Checked SMTPHOST (other lists working fine).

Since this list is the main list for administrators of Jabber servers 
(the IM equivalent of mailman-users, if you will), I'm eager to get it 
running again.

Many thanks.


Peter Saint-Andre
Jabber Software Foundation

More information about the Mailman-Users mailing list