[Mailman-Users] how to delete all administrative requests

Brad Knowles brad.knowles at skynet.be
Thu Jun 10 17:47:08 CEST 2004

At 1:17 PM +0200 2004-06-09, Gian-Carlo Baldarelli - Glomanet ISP wrote:

>  my list has been spammed so I got thousands emails pending has
>  administrative requests

	Are these the result of sender filters, content filters, or spam filters?

>  How can I delete all requests ?
>
>  Can I stop administrarive requests (posted by a non menmber)

	Caveat: everything I say here is relative to a Mailman 2.1.5
implementation.

	If the administrative requests are coming in as a result of
sender filters, you can go to the "Privacy Options/Sender Filters"
page and set the default action to be "discard" for moderated members
(member_moderated_action), the generic default action if nothing else
matches (generic_nonmember_action), and you can choose whether or not
the admin gets all copies of discarded messages.

	If they are coming in as a result of spam filters, then you can
go to the "Privacy Options/Spam Filters" page, and set the action for
header_filter_rules to be "discard".

	If they are a result of content filtering, go to the "Content
Filter" page, and set the filter_action to be "discard".

	On the General Options page, you can set admin_immed_notify to be
"No", so that you don't get spammed with an admin notice every time a
message comes in that is captured by the above rules.

	Otherwise, there are some patches referenced in the archives
which will set the default action to be "discard" on the "Tend to
pending moderator requests" page, so that you can deal with all
pending requests with a single click.