[Mailman-Users] FW: Unexpected Mailman error

Sandra Hansen sandyhansenaauw at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 10 19:48:57 CEST 2004

Since Monday, I have been having problems with one of the mailing lists
I administer. All of the lists are moderated. Another person and I share
moderator duties for this list. Somehow messages have been distributed
to our 800+ subscribers containing an attachment with the Bagle virus. I
am running MailMan 2.0.11. We ARE seeking an administrator with Unix
experience to upgrade our MailMan system. Meanwhile, I'm struggling with
the problem. I CANNOT find any place in MailMan to block all
attachments. Reading documentation, there appeared to be a patch to MM
through 2.0.8 that was a MIME handler. Was that enabled in 2.0.11? My
ISP is recommending an upgrade from SendMail 8.11.x to SendMail 8.12
which appears to incorporate MIMEDefang. However, Sendmail is not
installed where they say I should be able to find the README.txt file,
so I am awaiting further info from the ISP.

Meanwhile, I have received the following MailMan error message. Is it
related to whatever is allowing postings to go out without moderation?
How do I implement a fix? I have exchanged xxx in the following message
for the actual strings, having list and domain names--