[Mailman-Users] Setting up lists for virtual domains

Slava Grecea grecea at webart.md
Fri Jun 11 11:47:04 CEST 2004

Hello

I'm trying to setup a mailman to deal with virtual domains using postfix as
MTA. Postfix is running just fine and can handle mail from virtual domains I
added. I went on to confidure mailman after that, and I ran through several
issues I can't figure out.
Suppose, I want to have several lists with their respective virtual hosts:
list1, list2 and lists.domain1.tld, lists.domain2.tld ...
I've set up mm_config.py like

MTA = 'Postfix'
MAILMAN_SITE_LIST = 'mailman'

DEFAULT_SERVER_LANGUAGE = 'en'
DEFAULT_URL_HOST = 'lists.domain1.tld'
DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST = 'domain1.tld'

SMTPHOST='mail.domain1.tld'
SMTPPORT = 25

POSTFIX_STYLE_VIRTUAL_DOMAINS = [
        DEFAULT_URL_HOST,'domain2.tld'
        ]

VIRTUAL_HOSTS.clear()
add_virtualhost('lists.domain2.tld', 'domain2.tld')

Now I'm trying to add a lists, by issuing the following command:
./newlist list1 at domain1.tld me at domain1.tld password
In this case I receive an email, that showing me that I can access my newly
created list using http://domain1.tld/mailman/lists instead of
http://lists.domain1.tld/mailman/lists.
But if I create a list by entering each argument separately, everything is as
expected - I receive by email a correct URL. It is not what I want, because I
need to add for each virtual domain list a separate URL, they would access
their web page for set up lists.

So, could anyone point me out why I get such results.

Thanks in advance.