[Mailman-Users] Adding prefix to subject line

Jim Tittsler jwt at onjapan.net
Wed Jun 16 16:36:17 CEST 2004

On Jun 15, 2004, at 19:48, Jerome Dsilva wrote:

> If someone replies by changing the subject line.. then the subject line
> should read like..
>
> Re: [test] New subject [was: Re: test]...
>
> But  , in my case the prefix is not getting added

I can't see why that would be happening, but I no longer have an old
2.0.x installation I can play with.  The code in the 2.0.13 version of
the process() function of Mailman/Handlers/CookHeaders.py will not add
the prefix if it finds the prefix anywhere in the line... so the prefix
wouldn't be added if the subject were 'Re: New Subject (was: Re: [test]
blah)'  for example... but it should get added in your test case.

--
Jim Tittsler             http://www.OnJapan.net/      GPG: 0x01159DB6
Python Starship          http://Starship.Python.net/