[Mailman-Users] selected members to announcements only? (newbie)

Jason Davies ucgajpd at ucl.ac.uk
Fri Jun 25 15:08:52 CEST 2004

I just walked into one of those etiquette discussion joining this
morning, didn't I?:-)

Please indulge a really basic question. I have searched for
'announcements only' in the FAQ Wizard and looked at the Mailman
interface on my list. I am running Mailman version 2.0.13. I am not an
expert...I was given this list to run because I am a webmaster of the
relevant site. The software is configured by the college.

Some members of the list wish to receive announcements only rather than
the rather messy  (but on-topic) discussions that have grown up. Is it
possible within the same list to do this (eg to only have them receive
my posts?) Or should I set up an announcement only list entirely
separately? Thanks for any help (I suspect the latter but you never
know...)