[Mailman-Users] post got bad listname error

Matt Perry matt at primefactor.com
Fri Jun 25 02:20:45 CEST 2004

Hi.  I'm using Mailman v2.0.13 on Red Hat 7.2 and am running about 10
lists on it with no problems.  Yesterday I went and created a new list.
I copied the output of newlist and put it into /etc/aliases.  I ran
newaliases, doublechecked everything and then sent a test message to the
list.  I got this error back:

"|/usr/local/mailman/mail/wrapper post gwinnett-announce"
    (reason: 1)
    (expanded from: <gwinnett-announce at mydomain.com>)

Mailman error: post got bad listname: gwinnett-announce
554 5.3.0 unknown mailer error 1

I can't figure out why it doesn't see the list.  When I run bin/list_lists
my new mailing list is in the output.  I can go to the web interface and
configure the mailing list.  I just can't seem to send mail to it.

I've run newaliases and restarted sendmail.  I've run bin/check_perms and
everything is okay.  I've tried setting up another mailing list with the
same results.  My other mailing lists still work fine.  Any ideas?

--
Matt Perry | matt at primefactor dot com