[Mailman-Users] Code for allowing web-based delete and create lists

Ed Greenberg edg at greenberg.org
Sun Jun 27 23:03:28 CEST 2004

I just went through this...

Mailman allows for creation of lists by going to
http://webaddress/mailman/create

If you enable the proper variable, you can delete a list from it's admin
page.

For postfix, there is some good integration between mailman and postfix.

Note that for sendmail, you need to do a manual process to enable the list
addresses in the alias file.   There is an automation in the contrib
directory which permits the integration you would expect, but it has
several caveats. Read carefully.

I recently did a hack to give postfix-style automation to the
mailman/sendmail interface and posted a procedure here, requesting
feedback. Didn't get any, so I'm not sure if it's got serious problems. I
don't create lists very often, but it works for me and for one customer for
whom I installed it.  Check the archives for a posting called "Please
review this procedure for sendmail integration" which was posted on
6/19/2004.

</edg>

--On Saturday, June 26, 2004 10:04 PM -0400 "Paul L. Della Maggiora"