[Mailman-Users] Code for allowing web-based delete and create lists

Richard Barrett r.barrett at openinfo.co.uk
Sun Jun 27 23:25:27 CEST 2004

On 27 Jun 2004, at 22:03, Ed Greenberg wrote:

> I just went through this...
>
> Mailman allows for creation of lists by going to
> http://webaddress/mailman/create
>
> If you enable the proper variable, you can delete a list from it's
> admin page.
>
> For postfix, there is some good integration between mailman and
> postfix.
>
> Note that for sendmail, you need to do a manual process to enable the
> list addresses in the alias file.   There is an automation in the
> contrib directory which permits the integration you would expect, but
> it has several caveats.

There is the following Mailman patch which avoids some of the decisive
problems with David Champion' contrib to MM but suffers from the
problems inherent in Sendmail including those regards to virtual
hosting. But the patch completely eliminates maintenance of the alias
database if it can be deployed in you environment:

http://www.openinfo.co.uk/mailman/patches/644810/index.html