[Mailman-Users] qrunner

Brad Knowles brad.knowles at skynet.be
Tue Jun 29 18:26:01 CEST 2004

At 11:16 AM -0500 2004-06-29, Michael Sullivan wrote:

>  I issued the "service mailman restart" command to which it gave the the
>  output:
>
>  [root at bullet Mailman]# service mailman restart
>  PID unreadable in: /var/mailman/data/master-qrunner.pid
>  [Errno 2] No such file or directory:
>  '/var/mailman/data/master-qrunner.pid'
>  Is qrunner even running?

	This should just be a warning.  If not, then issue a "stop"
followed by a "start", and that should do the job.  If not, then it
would appear that you've got a problem with your service management
system -- try using mailmanctl directly.

>  I ls'd /var/mailman/data and the only thing in there was sitelist.cfg
>  I've encountered this error in my many previous unsucessful attempts to
>  get mailman to work.  How do I make qrunner run?  I don't understand the
>  option documentation...

	Did you look at the directory before the restart, or after?  Are
you sure that there aren't other processes on the system that
periodically clean out the /var/mailman/data directory?