[Mailman-Users] _SOCKET ERROR

Eva Kolega ekol at teiath.gr
Mon Mar 1 16:54:10 CET 2004

Hello.

I have installed python 2.2.2 on Solaris 9.
I got the already compiled package from  SUN.
It installed in a perfect way.
The problem is that as I am trying tou run ./make install in Mailman's
directory I get the error attached.
I have seen a lot of discussion about .so libs and ssl but I can't
figure out  what to do.

I would appreciate any help cause even when I try to configure the
Python tarball (from scratch) I don't get any Makefile as an outcome.

Thanks in advance,

Eva Kolega
NOC - TEI of ATHENS

----ERROR--------------------------------------
  File "bin/update", line 47, in ?
    from Mailman import Utils
  File "/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/Utils.py", line 35, in ?
    import cgi
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.2/cgi.py", line 39, in ?
    import urllib
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.2/urllib.py", line 26, in ?
    import socket
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.2/socket.py", line 41, in ?
    from _socket import *
ImportError: No module named _socket