[Mailman-Users] installation problem

Jeetendra Mirchandani jeetu at cse.iitb.ac.in
Wed Mar 3 08:24:41 CET 2004

ok, i got a work arround, but not able to create lists

i installed v2.1.4 atleast 5 times, to finally get it working

it showed a 404 not found error.
i had installed it in /home/mailman

but i found out from http logs that it was searching for
/var/mailman/cgi-bin

so now i created a link to /home/mailman as /var/mailman

now i created the first list mailman with a password say 'abcd'

then configured it with the default template

now i create a sitewide passwd using bin/mmsitepass say 'xyz'

now i can login at myserver.com/mailman/admin/mailman with both the
passwords

then i use the info in README to create a test list

i go to myserver.com/mailman/create

it shows me a form
i try to create lists, using both the above password, with same and
different emailaddresses as that of mailman owner, but it gives me an
error saying
Error: You are not authorized to create new mailing lists

though i am allowed to create a list using bin/newlist

now what should i do?

Regards,
Jeetu
---
The trouble with being punctual is that nobody's there to appreciate it.
                                                  - Franklin P. Jones
Jeetendra Mirchandani
MTech First Year, CSE.
Room C 616, Hostel 12, IITB.