[Mailman-Users] PLEASE, help...

ricardo ricardo at americasnet.com
Sat Mar 6 23:25:06 CET 2004

Hi Jon,

> Have the client delete all his cookies (or just the
> cookies for the host running Mailman.  Then restart the
> browser and see if the problem goes away.

I tried that myself, still doesn't help.

> This was an old problem that was supposedly fixed in 2.1.4
> - so it does seem that you might not be running the latest
> Mailman.

But that's strange. I installed (I think I upgraded) mailman to 2.1.4 from
a tarball I downloaded in late December.

> Of course it could be a problem with the way that the
> Mailman 2.1.4 was installed on the system. did you install
> it from source (and were all the python packages you
> listed already loaded when you did the install - in other
> words you didn't upgrade or install any of the python
> packages after the Mailman install)?

I don't quite remember. Do you know where the bug was fixed, which module?
Is it possible to simply replace a particular module? I didn't want to
have to try and re-install mailman, I have a lot of lists running and
didn't want to risk messing with anything.

Is it possible to tell me which module(s) were affected in fixing this bug
so maybe I can take a look? Is there a patch for it?

thanks
Ricardo