[Mailman-Users] problem accessing mailman web pages after switching server

Thomas Waters rxweb+ at pitt.edu
Mon Mar 8 22:20:17 CET 2004

We set up Mailman  on Panther Server 10.3.3.  It had an IP and hostname
for our dev server.  Once everything was configured, etc, I switched
the IP and name to be our mail server.  Mailman is working in terms of
sending out mail to the various lists, but I can not access the web
pages to admin any of the lists!  Attempt to hit
www.mysite.edu/mailman/admin opens the page, but says there are no
public advertised lists.  I can get to any admin config page with
www.mysite.edu/mailman/admin/somelist/  but clicking ANY link on the
page, attempts to send me to the old dev URL.  Maybe this is just a
Safari cache problem- but with IE, I get a "connection error occurred."

Maybe part of the issue, is the host name list prefers in the general
config.  hostname of box is rxweb.pharmacy.pitt.edu.  The MX record
reads that anyuser at pharmacy.pitt.edu is directed to
rxweb.pharmacy.pitt.edu.   so what belongs on the mailman general
options config- pharmacy.pitt.edu or rxweb.pharmacy.pitt.edu?

so, I guess there are 3 issues- correct listing on the general options
page- which should it be, and why the web pages can't be accessed
, and why does it say lists are not publicly advertised.

thx,
--
Thomas Waters
Director of Information and Communication Services
rxweb at pitt.edu
http://www.pharmacy.pitt.edu