[Mailman-Users] Attachment removal

andy andy at andycabs.com
Fri Mar 12 13:44:53 CET 2004

I share administration/moderation on a Mailman list.

Looking for advice on unwelcome attachments and emicons, flower backgrounds,
jumping little men showing their bottoms in the emails to the list.

I'm not the brightest button on the suit when it comes to Mailman...I am
finding it hard work sometimes. But I would appreciate some advice on this.

I have done the "Content filtering, settings are as follows;

"Should Mailman filter the content of list traffic according to the settings
below? " set to "yes"

"Remove message attachments that have a matching content type." left blank

"Remove message attachments that don't have a matching content type. Leave
this field blank to skip this filter test". Left blank

"Should Mailman convert text/html parts to plain text? This conversion
happens after MIME attachments have been stripped"; has been set to "yes"

Still the attachments and little men's bottoms are coming through to the
list...Help! :O)

Andy Irons

andy at andycabs.com