[Mailman-Users] Can we get rid of these nuisance bounces for posters

Jamie Penman-Smithson jamie at silverdream.org
Tue Mar 16 16:42:53 CET 2004

On Sat, 2004-03-06 at 22:08, Jon Carnes wrote:
> One to two folks are bogusly attempting to feed the list traffic
> (mailman-users at python.org) into their own local site lists. These
> generate multiple bounces for every post to the list.

I contacted the postmaster at both sites, and one of them replied, and
the problem has been solved, but I'm still getting one bounce with every
post from ops.org, from which I didn't get a reply to my request (I
didn't honestly expect any replies at all).

It's getting extremely annoying.

> Can we verp for a bit and nuke these guys (please!)

I'll second that.

-j

-jamie <jamie at silverdream.org> | spamtrap: spam at silverdream.org
 w: http://silverdream.org | p: sms at silverdream.org
 pgp key @ http://silverdream.org/~jps/pub.key
 15:30:01 up 15:44,  8 users,  load average: 0.02, 0.12, 0.18