[Mailman-Users] I can't seem to get the urls right

Shaun T. Erickson ste at smxy.org
Wed Mar 17 00:22:01 CET 2004

I have a new 2.1.4 installation on a freebsd 5.2.1-p1 system. The
system's name is peter.smxy.org. I created the mailman site-wide mailing
list. I subscribed myself to it, and when I send mail to it at
mailman at lists.smxy.org, I receive email from the list. In apache, I have
a virtual host, defined thusly:

<VirtualHost *>
     ServerAdmin     webmaster at smxy.org
     DocumentRoot    /opt/www/sites/lists.smxy.org
     ServerName      lists.smxy.org
     ErrorLog        /opt/www/logs/lists.smxy.org/error_log
     CustomLog       /opt/www/logs/lists.smxy.org/access_log combined
     ScriptAlias     /mailman/ /usr/local/mailman/cgi-bin/
     ScriptLog       /opt/www/logs/lists.smxy.org/script_log
     Alias           /pipermail/ /usr/local/mailman/archives/public/
</VirtualHost>

I have not put anything in mm_cfg.py yet, as I haven't been able to
figure out what to put there. :)

The issue is that the system is generating urls with peter where it
should say lists. For instance, going to
http://lists.smxy.org/mailman/admin/mailman takes me (after I log in) to
the General Options Section page. But if I try to go to any of the other
configuration pages for the list, say, Passwords, for instance, the
system wants to go to
http://peter.smxy.org/mailman/admin/mailman/passwords. If I change peter
to lists in that url, I get to the passwords page.

How do I get the system to generate the correct urls?

	-ste