[Mailman-Users] Postfix-style virtual domains broken in mailman 2.1.1

Boris Folgmann boris at folgmann.de
Thu Mar 18 20:30:14 CET 2004

Hi!

I've configured mailman-2.1.1-5 (RH9 RPM) according to
README.POSTFIX.

I added to mm_cfg.py:
DEFAULT_URL_HOST   = 'ssl.dom.ain'
DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST = 'lists.dom.ain'
# We use SSL
DEFAULT_URL_PATTERN = 'https://%s/mailman/'

# settings for postfix
MTA = 'Postfix'
POSTFIX_STYLE_VIRTUAL_DOMAINS = ['lists.dom.main']

# Are archives public or private by default?
DEFAULT_ARCHIVE_PRIVATE    = 1    # 0=public, 1=private

But Mailman is NOT adding the domain entry at the start
of the virtual-mailman file, which is required for
Postfix-style virtual domains.

Missing is

lists.dom.ain			  IGNORE

at the top, virtual-mailman only contains:
[...]
# LOOP ADDRESSES START
mailman-loop at lists.dom.ain         mailman-loop
# LOOP ADDRESSES END

# STANZA START: mailman
# CREATED: Thu Mar 18 20:25:02 2004
mailman at lists.dom.ain              mailman
mailman-admin at lists.dom.ain        mailman-admin
mailman-bounces at lists.dom.ain      mailman-bounces
[...]

This means that mm is configuring a sendmail-style
domain. That's not what we want. Any ideas?

cu,
	boris