[Mailman-Users] faq 3.10 question

Shaun T. Erickson ste at smxy.org
Fri Mar 19 18:55:30 CET 2004

I want to enforce a text/plain posts policy, so I looked at this faq entry.

On it's face, it looks ok, but it comes at the problem backwards, which
is hard to maintain, and makes enforcement problematical. That's because
it lists the things to block, allowing what's not blocked to pass, which
means when a new content type comes along, which it will, that we want
to block, it will get onto the list until we explicitly block it.

Like good firewall design, it's better to block everything, and then
only open holes for what you want to pass through. Then when a new
content type comes along, it's automatically blocked, unless we
expressly permit it. This is much safer.

How can I impliment my policy in this fashin, instead of how faq 3.10
describes?

	-ste