[Mailman-Users] The whole Mailman FAQ : entry 3.34

a ba ba612001 at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 19 16:34:01 CET 2004

The whole Mailman FAQ : entry 3.34

3.34 How do I spoof-proof my one-way (annoucements or newsletter) list ?

If you've had problems with virus-generated messages with spoofed senders getting through to a one-way list (we have), you can completely spoof-proof your list by requiring Web-based approval of every message even if it is sent by the list's moderator (the author, in case of a one-way newsletter).
Under Privacy Options, Recipient Filters, set max_num_recipients to 1. This will cause every message posted by the moderator to require approval via the Web (Reason: too many recipients)
If there's a hole in this logic somewhere, please let us know.
Edit this entry / Log info / Last changed on Tue Mar 16 13:27:09 2004 by Prairienet Mailman Site Admin

Hello,

In order to focus only on the good posts and not on virus-
generated messages for instance, is there a way to avoid
 spoofed sender mails by using a password inside the e-mail ?
This password only known by the moderator, should then be
removed before sending. We use Mailman 2.1.1.
Thanks for your help.
AB

Do you Yahoo!?