[Mailman-Users] Question for you

Jamie Penman-Smithson jamie at silverdream.org
Sat Mar 20 16:41:45 CET 2004

On Fri, 2004-03-19 at 23:31, Healing-Oils.com wrote:
> I want to know if it's possible to subscribe someone without logging
> into the Mailman web interface.  I have a form on my site that asks
> users if they want to join.  If so, I would like to make a php script
> that will automatically send MailMan an email that will subscribe the
> user.

As long as you've got your aliases are setup properly in your MTA, you
should be able to send an email to yourlist-subscribe at yourhost.com. It's
the same with -unsubscribe. You can also send an email to
yourlist-request with subscribe/unsubscribe in the subject.

-jamie <jamie at silverdream.org> | spamtrap: spam at silverdream.org
 w: http://silverdream.org | p: sms at silverdream.org
 pgp key @ http://silverdream.org/~jps/pub.key
 15:30:01 up  1:32,  1 user,  load average: 0.06, 0.05, 0.03