[Mailman-Users] Re: Attachments MIA?

Bob Bernstein bernstein at cesmail.net
Tue Mar 23 14:38:08 CET 2004

Bob Bernstein <bernstein at cesmail.net> wrote:

> Then, in a gush, a whole bunch of them will appear at once, with
> attachments intact! The system owner doesn't understand the
> problem, but says that running a 'check_perms' script seems to fix
> it temporarily. (I've asked him if his running that script freed
> up that whole bunch of "lost" messages with attachments, but I
> haven't heard back from him yet...)

My sysadmin now tells me that running Mailman's 'unshunt' command
frees up messages w/attachments that have become stuck.

Is there any way to prevent these message from getting 'shunted'
in the first place?

Bob Bernstein

   "A modern philosopher who has never once suspected himself of being a
    charlatan must be such a shallow mind that his work is probably not
    worth reading."                            Leszek Kolakowski