[Mailman-Users] Re: Attachments MIA?

Bob Bernstein bernstein at cesmail.net
Tue Mar 23 14:38:08 CET 2004

Bob Bernstein <bernstein at cesmail.net> wrote:

> Then, in a gush, a whole bunch of them will appear at once, with
> attachments intact! The system owner doesn't understand the
> problem, but says that running a 'check_perms' script seems to fix
> it temporarily. (I've asked him if his running that script freed
> up that whole bunch of "lost" messages with attachments, but I
> haven't heard back from him yet...)

My sysadmin now tells me that running Mailman's 'unshunt' command
frees up messages w/attachments that have become stuck.

Is there any way to prevent these message from getting 'shunted'
in the first place?

--
Bob Bernstein

   "A modern philosopher who has never once suspected himself of being a
    charlatan must be such a shallow mind that his work is probably not
    worth reading."                            Leszek Kolakowski