[Mailman-Users] Re: footers

Boris Folgmann boris at folgmann.de
Wed Mar 24 12:11:33 CET 2004

jsingh schrieb:
>  When I send an attachement, why does the footer come as an attachement if I
> use rich text or html format?  what do I need to do for the footer to appear
> normally at the end of the body of the message rather than as an
> attachement.

According to the mm developers it's the only (easy) safe way to add the footer.

To have the footers really appended to your text:
1. Configure your MUA to send plant text emails.
2. Set the default language of your mailing list on the mm admin page to

It's funny that this solution also works with non ASCII characters, e.g.
german Umlauts (ISO-8859-1), but only if you use English as default
language, not german.