[Mailman-Users] HTML

Jamie L. Penman-Smithson jamie at silverdream.org
Thu Mar 25 13:33:22 CET 2004

On Thu, 2004-03-25 at 00:00, Sean Carnahan wrote:
> Yes I agree its not wonderful
>
> But I send out a newsletter that has to have graphics and flyers and if not
> colorful they arent as effective for promotion.
> Any ideas on how to do it even if you don't like it?

It's not just that *I* don't like it, millions of other poor innocent
people don't like it. Hear the voice of reason, do not subject the
masses to such evil.

If you want to promote your company or service, use the web, you can
link to it in your emails. Email should be a plain text medium. You also
have the advantage of knowing that your message is going to look the
same in any email client in the world.

HTML is plain dangerous, there have been numerous examples of virii
spreading using HTML and vulnerabilities in everyone's favourite MUA -
Lookout. As a duty of care to your 'customers' do not use it, they'll
thank you for it eventually.

"HTML usually looks like it has been designed by stoned amateur
chimpanzees using Front Page Express with their feet"

Oh, and if you think you actually like flashy-seizure-inducing HTML mail
- I wholeheartedly invite you to take an agonising look at
http://www.seizurerobots.com

This is getting way off topic, this is all I'm going to say on the
subject.

Have a nice HTML-mail-clean day,

-j

-jamie <jamie at silverdream.org> | spamtrap: spam at silverdream.org
 w: http://silverdream.org | p: sms at silverdream.org
 pgp key @ http://silverdream.org/~jps/pub.key
 11:30:01 up 4 days, 21:32,  2 users,  load average: 1.46, 1.03, 1.00