[Mailman-Users] HTML Templates

Richard Barrett r.barrett at ftel.co.uk
Fri Mar 26 13:00:18 CET 2004

On 26 Mar 2004, at 11:15, Bryan Carbonnell wrote:

> Reposting because I got unsubbed from the list and the original got
> held. Appologies if you get this twice.
>
> I have looked in the $prefix/templates, $prefix/templates/en and
> $prefix/templates/uk directory. I have looked in the FAQ.
>
> Either I'm blind or just plain old dumb, but I can't seem to fine the
> HTML template that builds the list of list page. The page that you
> first get when you goto example.com/mailman/listinfo/
>
> I found the individual list info template
> ($prefix/templates/en/listinfo.html), but I can't seem to find the
> one that builds the list of lists.
>
> Help. Please?

Unfortunately so in MM 2.1.x that page is not built from a template
file.

See the listinfo_overview() function defined in
$prefix/Mailman/Cgi/listinfo.py, which generates the page; it starts as
follows (note the comment):

<quote>
def listinfo_overview(msg=''):
     # Present the general listinfo overview
     hostname = Utils.get_domain()
     # Set up the document and assign it the correct language.  The only
one we
     # know about at the moment is the server's default.
     doc = Document()
</quote>