[Mailman-Users] no quotas for mailman, but Disc quota exceeded

Tom Lieuallen toml at engr.orst.edu
Mon Mar 29 17:51:02 CEST 2004

Last week, I moved our mailman install to a different partition where we
have more space and so I could export it via nfs.

It is in /a1/mailman on the mail server.  I nfs exported it so
that we could run the cgi's and access the archives from our
web server.

The new partition has quotas, but no users affiliated with mailman that
I'm aware of have quotas (root, mailman, web, etc).

Ever since this change, I have been receiving error messages from
mailman mentioning being over quota.  I su'ed to mailman and created a
2GB file, so whatever problem is just not apparent from the OS.  Inodes
are not a problem.

Here is one such error:

/usr/local/bin/python -S /nfs/mailserver/mailman/cron/checkdbs
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/nfs/mailserver/mailman/cron/checkdbs", line 178, in ?
    main()
  File "/nfs/mailserver/mailman/cron/checkdbs", line 116, in main
    msg.send(mlist, **{'tomoderators': 1})
  File "/nfs/mailserver/mailman/Mailman/Message.py", line 233, in send
    self._enqueue(mlist, **_kws)
  File "/nfs/mailserver/mailman/Mailman/Message.py", line 244, in
_enqueue
    reduced_list_headers = 1,
  File "/nfs/mailserver/mailman/Mailman/Queue/Switchboard.py", line 140,
in enqueue
    os.rename(tmpfile, dbfile)
OSError: [Errno 49] Disc quota exceeded

Sometimes I get the following at the end as well:
IOError: [Errno 49] Disc quota exceeded:
'/nfs/mailserver/mailman/qfiles/virgin/1080572024.023294+cd84baf511cb85297459732fbb20d8efbdda234a.db.tmp'

I've seen similar quota messages from senddigests and 'disabled' cron
jobs.

I'm baffled.  Does anyone have ideas?
Mailman 2.1.4   Solaris 8

thank you