[Mailman-Users] Re: Integration with ClamAV

Jamie L. Penman-Smithson jamie at silverdream.org
Mon Mar 29 21:29:16 CEST 2004

On Mon, 2004-03-29 at 19:08, Chris Barnes wrote:
> Brendan Chard <chardlist at chard.net> wrote:
> > I'm running Mailman 2.1.4 on a FreeBSD server using sendmail as my
> > MTA.  I have ClamAV already installed and running using the
> > clamd/clamc combo
> >
> > What is the best way to integrate ClamAV with Mailman so that viruses
> > posted to lists will be nuked?
>
> I use MailScanner.  It processes the virus messages before MailMan gets
> a chance to distribute them.

I can recommend AMaViS-new - http://www.ijs.si/software/amavisd/
It also integrates with SpamAssassin (I believe MailScanner does this as
well).

HTH

[Not signed because MM-Users is now rejecting my PGP/MIME signed mail.]

-jamie <jamie at silverdream.org> | spamtrap: spam at silverdream.org
 w: http://www.silverdream.org | p: sms at silverdream.org
 pgp key @ http://silverdream.org/~jps/pub.key
 19:30:01 up 1 day, 21:36,  3 users,  load average: 0.02, 0.12, 0.11