[Mailman-Users] My web interface has stopped working.

Shaun T. Erickson ste at smxy.org
Wed Mar 31 06:44:12 CEST 2004

Shaun T. Erickson wrote:

> It was working a couple of weeks ago, now when I try to access anything,
> I get Premature end of script headers. Yes, I read the FAQ. It was
> compiled from the latest FreeBSD port, with username and groupname and
> mail_gid set to mailman and cgi_gid to www. That worked before, but has
> stopped, for some reason. check_perms reports no problems. The lists
> work, just not the web interface.
>
> How do I debug this?

On a hunch, I checked something. My webserver runs as www:www. I also us
SuExec. All my virtual hosts, except for the Mailman list sites, had
SuExec lines appropriate for the user and group they whould run as.
Somewhere along the line, I added an SuExec line to the Mailman sites,
saying to run as www:www, so that it would be explicitly stated. That
was fine, except that the server could no longer access the mailman
software, located outside the trused SuExec path. I took out the lines,
restarted the server, and all is well. :)

	-ste