[Mailman-Users] add_virtualhost: URL_FQDN and the EMAIL_FQDN values mixed-up

Eric Pretorious eric at pretorious.net
Sat May 1 00:57:30 CEST 2004

Hello, All:

I've already checked the buglist () by searching for the word "virtual" and
didn't find this exact problem so I must be doing something wrong when
creating virtual mailing lists: Mailman gets the URL_FQDN and the EMAIL_FQDN
values mixed-up. e.g., With the following settings...

  DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST = 'mail.leaguehost.net'
  DEFAULT_URL_HOST = 'mail.leaguehost.net'
  DEFAULT_URL_PATTERN = 'http://%s/mailman/'
  MTA = 'Postfix'
  POSTFIX_STYLE_VIRTUAL_DOMAINS = ['sunnyvalemetro.org']

  DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST = 'leaguehost.net'

The welcome message reads like this...
The mailing list `bod' has just been created for you....

You can configure your mailing list at the following web page:

The web page for users of your mailing list is:

There is also an email-based interface for users (not administrators)
of your list; you can get info about using it by sending a message
with just the word `help' as subject or in the body, to:

    bod-request at mail.sunnyvalemetro.org

Also, the <FORM ACTION=...> attributes are wrong when viewing the listinfo