[Mailman-Users] re: Imap-clients subscribe OK, But Can't POST!

Karl R. Balsmeier karl at sfdata.net
Sun May 2 23:57:27 CEST 2004

Brad,

Thanks for the analysis, but i'm sticking to my guns.  I have done my
homework my friend!  ; )

The reason I believe it's Mailman related is because SUBSCRIBING WORKS
from Imap-clients but then when they POST, it doesn't come through.  I can
post to any other mailman-based list in the world with the same
Imap-client, so I know it's not that.

Question:
How can an IMAP-client session connect just fine to subscribe to a list,
go through all the motions involved with confirming & tailoring said
subscription, and then mysteriously *not* work when it comes to *posting*
a message to the list *that works in all other manner*?

I understand the *logic* of the error I sent, but not the *SOURCE* after
checking ALL logs.  I am in FULL control of all of these machines,
accounts, network, router, you name it. I know it can't connect because it
says it can't, I am little more seasoned than you are giving me credit
for.

****EVERYTHING works except this minor issue.***

Someone else asked that I run a test from the sending MTA, so I did.  I
only wanted to prove that it's not Mailman-specific, thus the contact with
this list.

I REPEAT:  All other elements of the mailman setup work great from the
same servers on both ends, e.g. Pop3-based client sessions work fine.

Mailman integrates with other open-source programs, it's natural to get
shunted around between the projects when a problem arises, so there's no
negative element, just a sincere wish to fix an intermediate-level
problem.

-karlski