[Mailman-Users] Script to clean shunt directory

David Vasil vasil at cs.utk.edu
Thu May 6 03:04:21 CEST 2004

Until I can figure out how to stop the UnicodeDecodeErrors
and mail quits getting shunted, I figure it would be best to
keep the shunt directory somewhat clean.  To do this I wrote
a script that checks each .pck in the shunt directory for
the X-Spam-Level header to determine the liklihood of the
message being spam.  If it is highly likely the message is
spam, the script removes the .pck and .db file, otherwise it
warns the person running the script to investigate possible
legit email that ended up in shunt.

Can anyone see anything wrong with removing files in the
shunt directory in this manner?  The script I wrote is
attached.

| Dave Vasil                                vasil at cs.utk.edu |
| University of Tennessee             Computer Science Dept. |
| UTKCS Systems Administrator                   865-974-8364 |