[Mailman-Users] Mailman Size Issues

Tokio Kikuchi tkikuchi at is.kochi-u.ac.jp
Thu May 6 14:10:58 CEST 2004

Hi,

> to these lists are moderated.   Here's the problem, when some of these
> pending messages are accepted to be sent, and one of the messages
> happens to be 5mb in size, that amount of email that is sent to our mail
> server all at once, "kills us", and someday if a larger one is sent, it
> will fill up our mail stores and corrupt our mail server.

My patch for Scrubber may be of help to you.
It can save the attached files in archive area and replace them with
links to the files for regular delivery as a per-list basis.

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=904850&group_id=103&atid=300103

> Any Solution?  I know you will want to say change your policy on your
> mail server, but at this point it's not a option.

Or, you can simply insert Scrubber into the pipeline and save all the
attachments without this patch. ;-)

http://weather.is.kochi-u.ac.jp/