[Mailman-Users] using mailman and news

texas critter texascritter at emaillist-managers.com
Tue May 11 03:36:00 CEST 2004

David Bear wrote:

> can you make a recommendations for a good (ie safe and simple nntp
> server that works well with mailman)?

Pretty much any reliable news server will work fine with Mailman.  Here's
the two I use:

http://www.individual.net/

They're free, but they have some limitations, I think primarily on the
binary newsgroups.  Read their faq and ask them questions if you're not
sure.

http://www.newsguy.com/

They're not free but they're pretty cheap and reliable, I have a news
account there for $6/month.

I use my newsguy account to gate mail to news and news to mail and it works
fine.  I haven't tried my individual.net account with Mailman but there's
no reason it wouldn't work.

hth,
texas critter

--