[Mailman-Users] generalized specs question

Pat Riehecky prieheck at iwu.edu
Mon May 10 23:51:51 CEST 2004

The site where I work is considering replacing our current listprocessor
(ListProc 6.0c) with either Mailman or Majordomo.  So I was
going to as a benchmarking type question, what sort of a system would be
required to run 100 lists each sending out 100 emails a day?  Obviously a
486 /can/ do it, but reasonibly fast sending is nice.  (ie would something
like a pentium2 250 with 128 RAM be enough)

Secondly how long (estimate, please) would it take to send all 10000
emails should they be sent to the lists at the same time?

Thanks a bunch!
pat

The lines which your eye falls on first here were written last.  Their
purpose is to make yet another attempt to force into the form of a letter
the detailed investigation which is sent to you herewith.  These lines
correspond, then, with the last lines and together they form an envelope,
thus indicating in an external way what interal proofs in many ways will
convince you of, that this is a letter you are reading.
~Kierkegaard