[Mailman-Users] DSL

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Wed May 12 14:04:13 CEST 2004

On Wed, 12 May 2004 15:49:31 +0530
Somshekar wrote:

> hi
>
> i wanted to setup mailman in DSL connection and i have a static IP. My
>
> postfix is working good. pl tell me how should i go about it
>
> thanks in advance
>
> bye
> somu

Hi,

The connection type doesn't matter.  If you've already got a mail server
running, then you can add mailman.  The details vary depending on the
particular mail server you use.

I'm running off a DSL connection and that fact didn't enter into the
configuration.  What _did_ matter is that I run postfix, hence needed to
do the right stuff for the postfix/mailman combination.

Also relevant is that mailman's web interface needs to have apache (or
other http daemon) running.

Enjoy,

David