[Mailman-Users] Recipient Privacy Option

Marina marina at mailbox.co.uk
Sun May 16 14:39:16 CEST 2004

Hi, I'm new here, although I recognise one or two of the names (hello to you
and nice to see some familiar names!).

I've been threatening to start and run a Mailman list for some time now, and
have finally done it hence my having some newbie question. My list is run
though CPanel, I have no shell access and am not on my own server.

Under Privacy Options -> Recipient Filters, what does "Alias names (regexps)
which qualify as explicit to or cc destination names for this list" mean? Or
rather what are "aliases" in this context? If someone would please clarify
this in very simple terms, I'd be most grateful.

TIA

Marina