[Mailman-Users] mm-handler question

Brad Knowles brad.knowles at skynet.be
Mon May 17 01:55:21 CEST 2004

At 8:25 PM +0100 2004/05/14, Richard Barrett wrote:

>  Sorry I cannot be of more help but after years of not understanding
>  sendmail, I still do not understand it well; in fact the only guy I
>  know who is a sendmail expert is arguably certifiable.

	It does take some doing to warp your mind around sendmail.  But
once I latched onto the fact that rewrite rules are a data-driven
self-recursive production rules-based system, similar in many ways to
the AI programming language known as Prolog (which I had to deal with
as a senior in College), for me it was pretty much downhill from
there.

	The documentation on sendmail has gotten much, much better in the
more than ten years since.