[Mailman-Users] Where to set list so that owner approval is (not) required for new subscriberss

James Sinnamon sinnamon at westnet.com.au
Tue May 18 09:03:24 CEST 2004

Jim,

Thanks for your your prompt reply.

On Tue, 18 May 2004 04:08 pm, you wrote:
> On May 18, 2004, at 14:42, James Sinnamon wrote:
> > Can you tell me what the option, to (not) require owner aproval for
> > new  subscription requests, should look like?  And where should it be?
> >
> > If I can't find it, do I need to see the site administrator?
> >
> > I am using mailman version 2.0.7
>
> That is a very old version of Mailman.  You really should update.

Thanks for the suggestion. At the moment I am using an
 ISP's list server, but soon I will putting one on my
own (RH 9.0) Linux server at home.

> At least with 2.0.13, the option is the second one on the Privacy
> Options page.
> What steps are required for subscription?
>
> confirm 	require approval 	confirm+approval
>
> You want the first, 'confirm'.

That's what I needed.  Don't know why I couln't see it before.

Thanks for your help.

Best regards,

James

--
James Sinnamon

http://www.australianvisions.com.au/Members/james
sinnamon at westnet com auStralia
ph +61 412 319669, +61 2 95692123, +61 2 95726357