[Mailman-Users] Scrubber question

Kory Wheatley wheakory at isu.edu
Wed May 19 00:12:12 CEST 2004

I'm currently using Mailman 2.1.4 with Postfix on a Red Hat Enterprise
Ver3 workstation.

I installed the scrubber patch[904850], to use it to save attachments to
be viewed in the archives, and this leads me to my question.  How would
I be able to have mailman remove attachments being sent to the mailing
lists to subscribers personal emails, but still have scrubber save it as
an attachment link in the archives.  I know you can use content filters
to remove attachments, but when this happens,  the scrubber patch
doesn't save them in the archive area.

I tried changing the GLOBAL PIPELINE  by putting "Scrubber" as the first
handler to be used, but the content filter options must be looked at
first, before scrubber can put the attachment in the archives, because
I'm having the content filter strip out any image attachments, but I
would like this image attachments to be viewable in the archives.

Basically, I want the email messages to be stripped from attachments,
(because of size reasons), but have the attachments still be viewable in
the archives, using scrubber.

Is this possible?  I don't have much Python programming experience.

--
Kory Wheatley
Academic Computing Analyst Sr.