[Mailman-Users] qrunner running away (Mailman 2.0.11)

Paul Smith pausmith at nortelnetworks.com
Wed May 19 06:05:26 CEST 2004

%% Brad Knowles <brad.knowles at skynet.be> writes:

  bk> At 5:41 PM -0400 2004/05/18, Paul Smith wrote:
  >> I know this is a really old version, but I'm hoping someone has some
  >> hints for me on troubleshooting this: upgrading to 2.1.4 or 2.1.5 is on
  >> my TODO list but...

  bk> Problem is, runaway Python processes are something that I
  bk> believe 2.1.5 was created to help address.

Yeah, I saw that in the announcement.

But, this system was running fine until a few weeks ago.  I don't know
of any real change in its usage patterns and certainly not in its
configuration that would account for this change in behavior.  I was
just wondering whether anyone had any debugging tips, like checking for
messages stuck in the queue that would be causing this problem, or lock
files that might be breaking something, or whatever.

 Paul D. Smith <psmith at nortelnetworks.com>   HASMAT--HA Software Mthds & Tools