[Mailman-Users] qrunner running away (Mailman 2.0.11)

Paul Smith pausmith at nortelnetworks.com
Thu May 20 01:14:53 CEST 2004

OK, after more poking and prodding, it looks like the problem is related
to the private/<list>/database directory.

The "article" file here for the list that was causing the problems was
44M, the author was 51K, date was 41K, subject was 55K, and thread was
42k.

I moved all those files aside and ran qrunner, and it didn't pause there
at all, although it has paused for lesser amounts of time in other (also
larger) lists.

I guess that the size of this list is simply overwhelming the pipermail
archiver.  Is there anything I can do about this short of disabling
archives?  Can I update the archives less often, or do it with a
separate process somehow so that at least my mail keeps flowing even
while the archive is being updated?

 Paul D. Smith <psmith at nortelnetworks.com>   HASMAT--HA Software Mthds & Tools