[Mailman-Users] How can I update 2.1.2 --> 2.1.5?

Brad Knowles brad.knowles at skynet.be
Sat May 22 02:24:40 CEST 2004

At 7:22 PM -0300 2004/05/21, Gerardo Ardiles wrote:

>  My present version is 2.1.2 and I wish to take to 2.1.5. Where can I
>  read how to do it?.

	Mailman comes with an "UPGRADING" file which explains how to do
this process from a generic perspective (see
<http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/mailman/mailman/UPGRADING?view=markup>),
but a lot depends on your OS vendor and any packaging that they may
have done.

>  I read the README and the Updating files but I didnt fully understand
>  what I should do.

	You need to know more about how Mailman was installed on your
system.  If it was installed from a package created by someone else,
then you need to go back to that person/organization and get
information from them as to how to do the upgrade using the tools
they supply.

	If you installed Mailman from the source code, then the
information in the UPGRADING file is the primary source, and I'm not
sure if anyone has made any attempt to do any other documentation on
the subject.