[Mailman-Users] how to cripple a list?

Brad Knowles brad.knowles at skynet.be
Sat May 22 02:18:01 CEST 2004

At 2:23 PM -0500 2004/05/21, Pat Riehecky wrote:

>                                         i am hoping that there are just
>  some directives i can put in mm_cfg.py or another file to edit to make
>  this happen.

	You're not really asking "how do I cripple a list"", you're
asking something more like "how do I create a CPanel-like restricted
interface for Mailman?"

	Taking a single list and configuring it so that the users are
restricted in what you allow them to do is a very different issue
than restricting what options are available to your list
administrators.  I believe that this latter question is likely to
require someone to write a fair amount of code to suit your
particular needs.

	Alternatively, you might be able to install the CPanel version of
Mailman, and get what you need that way.  Of course, you'd have to go
to them for support and not us, but if it does what you need then
this may be a viable option.