[Mailman-Users] mailman 2.0.11 - debian installation

Joachim Schwendtner schwendtner at neuhofen.at
Sun May 23 13:27:28 CEST 2004

i have some problems with the installaion of mailman 2.0.11 (debian
woody) with apt-get install

1. after installation and setting up "testlist" my testusers do not get
a mail, when i send a mail to the list "testlist", the
listadministrator received the mail

2. on the website the 3 images are not displayed (phyton, mailman, gnu)

mailman is stored on my webserver in /var/lib/mailman
i have copied the images to /var/lib/mailman/images

in mm_cfg.py i have added:

DEFAULT_HOST_NAME = 'hsbadhall.at'
DEFAULT_URL       = 'https://mail.hsbadhall.at/cgi-bin/mailman/'
IMAGE_LOGOS       = '/images/'
USE_ENVELOPE_SENDER = 0
DEFAULT_SEND_REMINDERS = 0

MAILMAN_OWNER     = 'mailman-owner@%s' % DEFAULT_HOST_NAME

PUBLIC_ARCHIVE_URL = '/pipermail'
PRIVATE_ARCHIVE_URL = '/var/lib/mailman/private'

and where should pipermail be???

and /apache-ssl/httpd.conf i have added:

ScriptAlias /mailman/ /var/lib/mailman/cgi-bin/
     Alias /pipermail/ /var/lib/mailman/archives/public/
<Directory /var/lib/mailman/archives>
         Options +FollowSymlinks
</Directory>