[Mailman-Users] Modifying From:-line

Markus Peuhkuri puhuri at netlab.hut.fi
Thu May 27 14:15:37 CEST 2004

We have several lists running mailman (thanks, great piece of work!).
Now we have subscribers from organizations that have From:-lines of
form

From: <given.familyname at example.com>

Those organizations run MS Exchange and the result is that they see
postings from 'unknown sender' if the message was sent from one of
those organizations.

While the real problem is within those organizations (not having
syntaxly correct 'real name' in From: field), I was wondering if it is
possible to modify From:-field to be format

From: <given.familyname at example.com> Given Family

if the From:-field contains only <[-+,\w]+[.][-+,\w]+@[-+.\w]+>

I quickly looked on sources, but could not identify correct location
to try that.

Sometimes it may be easier to modify source than big organization
policy decissions...

Markus Peuhkuri        ! Markus.Peuhkuri at hut.fi
HUT/Networking Lab.    ! http://www.netlab.hut.fi/u/puhuri/