[Mailman-Users] Suspicious headers (was Deleting a list)

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Wed Nov 24 16:21:25 CET 2004

Brad Knowles wrote:

>At 7:13 PM +1100 2004-11-24, Terry Allen wrote:
>
>>  	Many thanks for the above & your last reply. I'm still unsure as to why
>>  my posts are being held prior to being sent - they are getting through,
>>  but something about a 'suspcicous header'. Possibly because my address
>>  is actually sent from our own network, not via my original ISP server.
>
>	Yes, there is some sort of header that Mailman is finding to be
>suspicious, but I have not yet figured out what the problem is.
>Until then, the messages have to be manually approved.

Hold for "suspicious header" occurs because a header matched one of the
regexps in bounce_matching_headers - see "legacy spam filters" in
Privacy options...->Spam filters.

The following comment in Hold.py explains why the actual header is not
reported.

            # TBD: Darn - can't include the matching line for the admin
            # message because the info would also go to the sender